Senior Scientist or Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Disc Medicine, a rapidly expanding biotech company involved in discovery and development of medicines to address blood related disorders is seeking to hire a medicinal chemist to advance its discovery projects.
- Deep understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry as evidenced by publications and patents
- 5+ years of experience in synthetic and medicinal chemistry in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in small molecule lead identification and optimization
- Well versed in modern techniques of drug discovery such as structure-based drug design, fragment design, and computational chemistry
- Experience in cheminformatics and library designs
- A thorough understanding of various aspects of drug discover such as lead identification, lead optimization ADME, biochemistry and pharmacology
- Experience in managing and working with external partners and CROs
- Design new molecules and trouble shoot synthesis to address key project goals
- Identify CROs to execute on design and synthesis of new targets
- Work efficiently in cross-functional teams with biologists, DMPK and other functional groups to optimize compounds with desired properties
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skill
- Design and direct synthesis of new targets
- Identify and manage syntheses of targets in CRO
- Troubleshoot synthesis and prioritize targets as needed
- Participate in diligences of new target or asset evaluation
- Work with biologist and DMPK scientist to schedule assays and evaluate results
- Present plans and results in project team meetings
- Write patent applications
- Explore new technologies to accelerate synthesis of targets and resolve key issues
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine is a Series A biotechnology company, formed as an Atlas Venture seed company in October of 2017 with the intent of discovering new medicines for hematological disorders with a specific focus on the discovery and development novel therapies for the treatment of hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by an experienced team of scientists and industry experts and is supported by a panel of advisors with a strong track record of discovering and developing new and innovative therapies.
In October 2019, Disc Medicine Completed a $50 Million Series A Financing led by Novo Holdings A/S along with Access Biotechnology and founding investor Atlas Venture.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director, Program Manage...
SUMMARY: The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for managing the resources, timelines and budgets for discovery and early translational programs at Disc...
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Resear...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and creative Research Scientist to join our research team. The successful candidate should...
Manager / Senior Manager (Small Mo...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is looking for a CMC professional who will be responsible for the execution of process, formulation, analytical development, and...