Disc Medicine’s finance team is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will play a key role in the monthly accounting close and quarterly financial reporting. The individual will be responsible for the general ledger accounting, working with the R&D team to ensure accurate accounting of R&D contracts, preparing flux analyses, and multitasking across numerous tasks and projects.
We will be moving from Cambridge to Watertown later this year. The Company has a flexible work policy, allowing employees to work remotely for certain days of the week.
- Key player in the month-end close process.
- Maintain the general ledger and prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts.
- Maintain R&D contract accruals and clinical trial accruals.
- Review, recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures.
- Work with other members of the finance team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvement.
- Assist in the documentation and compliance with internal controls.
- Reconcile cash and prepare semimonthly check runs.
- Assist with system integrations and implementations.
- Support audit readiness for U.S. GAAP financial statements.
- Work with external auditors to provide supporting documentation and prepare supporting workpapers as requested.
- Assist in ad-hoc operational tasks.
- Support Controller in preparation of fluctuation analyses.
- Research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure the company complies with U.S. GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in public or private accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- Life science public company experience is preferred, not required.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with hematologic disorders. We are building a unique portfolio of innovative, first-in-class therapeutic candidates that affect fundamental pathways of red blood cell biology.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Director, Quality Assurance
SUMMARY: The people at Disc Medicine are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients...
Senior Medical Director, Hematolog...
SUMMARY: This is an uncommon opportunity for an ambitious physician to be the first Senior Medical Director in a small hematology biotech...
Director, Clinical Operations
SUMMARY: The Director, Clinical Operations will be responsible for setting up the infrastructure for the conduct of Disc Medicine’s clinical trials and...