Scientist/Senior Scientist, Translational Research
The translational research scientist will participate in efforts to design and execute strategies to understand mechanisms related to drug response and resistance and to develop bioassays for clinical trials. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cell biology mechanism of action studies, in vivo efficacy studies and bioassay development. This person will report to Head of Biology and work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment and with both in office and remote team members.
- Biomarker strategy and assay development.
- Patient and preclinical model selection strategy.
- Design and execute translational research to demonstrate efficacy, discover and validate pathways and biomarkers associated with mechanism of action and drug response.
- Provide pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic rationales and translational/experimental medicine approaches for clinical protocols.
- Participate in the design and implementation of biomarker research in clinical trials and monitor the scientific quality of pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarker clinical assay data.
- Ph.D. with 2+ years, or M.S. with 5+ years, of experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience in in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy and identify biomarkers associated with response and/or resistance
- Experience with setting up clinical assays for clinical trials
- Experience in managing CROs and consultants
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and insight into basic, translational and clinical research related to biomarkers
- Domain knowledge in chronic kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease, or Anemia research is preferred.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage projects to meet key deliverables
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
The people at Disc Medicine are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by a seasoned, collaborative team of scientists and industry experts committed to innovative programs that advance the frontiers of medicine. Disc Medicine values transparency, authentic communication, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: The Medical Writer will coordinate and lead the medical writing aspects of Disc Medicine’s regulatory and clinical documents for two clinical...
Director Human Resources
SUMMARY: The Director Human Resources will lead the company’s HR activities by developing and administering policies, procedures, systems and initiatives to support...
Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a new Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs due to the fast growth of the programs in the clinic. This...
Director/Senior Director, Head of ...
SUMMARY: We are seeking an exceptional Director/Sr. Director of Toxicology to lead our Safety Pharmacology/Toxicology efforts. The Head of Toxicology will be reporting...
Director/Senior Director, Clinical...
SUMMARY: The individual selected for this key position will lead the clinical pharmacology efforts at Disc Medicine working directly with the multi-disciplinary...
Senior Medical Director, Hematolog...
SUMMARY: This is an uncommon opportunity for an ambitious physician to be the first Senior Medical Director in a small hematology biotech...