Senior/Principal Scientist, Biology and Translational Research
The biology scientist will participate in efforts to design and execute strategies to validate target biology, understand mechanisms related to drug response and resistance and to develop bioassays for clinical trials. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cell biology mechanism of action studies, in vivo efficacy studies and bioassay development. This person will report to Head of Biology and work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment and with both in office and remote team members.
- Design and oversee in vitro and in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy, discover and validate pathways and biomarkers associated with mechanism of action and drug response.
- Participate in patient and preclinical model selection strategy.
- Provide pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic rationales and translational/experimental medicine approaches for clinical protocols.
- Biomarker strategy and assay development.
- Management of CROs and consultants.
- Collaborate and contribute to multi-disciplinary drug development teams.
- Ph.D. with 3+ years, or M.S. with 8+ years, of experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience in cellular and/or in vivo models of diseases is critical.
- Experience with setting up clinical assays for clinical trials is desirable.
- Domain knowledge in chronic kidney disease, inflammatory diseases, or anemia research is preferred.
- Experience supporting the development of therapeutic biologics is desirable.
- Experience in managing CROs is desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional, fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage projects to meet key deliverables.
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
The people at Disc Medicine are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by a seasoned, collaborative team of scientists and industry experts committed to innovative programs that advance the frontiers of medicine. Disc Medicine values transparency, authentic communication, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director/Director, CMC T...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a dynamic and motivated Associate Director/Director to develop and execute on Disc’s CMC technical operations for biologics...
Senior Manager/Associate Director,...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a dynamic and motivated Senior Manager/Associate Director to develop and execute on Disc’s supply chain operations towards...