Scientist/Senior Scientist, Research
Disc Medicine is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and creative Research Scientist to join our research team. The successful candidate should have extensive hands-on experience in cell biology and cell-signaling pathways and will represent the biology function in project teams. Expertise in iron biology or hematopoiesis is a plus. This person will report into the Director of Research and join a high-caliber Research team that values a healthy, high-functioning workplace culture.
- In collaboration with CROs, implement a variety of molecular, biochemical, cellular and/or analytical assays.
- Participate in collaborations to develop in vitro or in vivo models of disease. Prepare protocols, design, conduct, analyze and interpret data from studies.
- Prepare study reports and lead (when appropriate) or participate in preparation of relevant documents such as manuscripts and regulatory documents.
- Represent the biology function in project teams. Present plans and results at project team and other internal meetings.
- Keep abreast of advancement of key technologies and relevant publications.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cellular or Molecular Biology with 0-5+ years of industry research experience or MS with over 5 years of relevant research experience.
- Experience in iron biology, hematopoiesis, or hematologic malignancies is preferred.
- Solid understanding of human immunology
- Hands-on experience with cell-based assays, animal models of disease, and identification of biomarkers using relevant techniques.
- Experience developing and validating ELISA and MSD-based methods.
- Solid knowledge of flow cytometry, qPCR, and other advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with antibody design, including affinity maturation, is preferred.
- Motivated, detailed-oriented with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by an experienced team of scientists and industry experts and financed by Series A lead investor Novo Holdings A/S along with Access Biotechnology and founding investor Atlas Venture. Disc Medicine values communication, professional development, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Resear…
Disc Medicine is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and creative Research Scientist to join our research team. The successful candidate should have…read more
Manager / Senior Manager (Small Mo…
Disc Medicine is looking for a CMC professional who will be responsible for the execution of process, formulation, analytical development, and cGMP manufactu…read more
Senior Scientist or Associate Dire…
Disc Medicine, a rapidly expanding biotech company involved in discovery and development of medicines to address blood related disorders is seeking to hire a…read more