The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for managing the resources, timelines and budgets for discovery and early clinical programs at Disc Medicine. This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role. The PM, in collaboration with Global Program Leads (GPLs), will have a firm understanding of the strategy, critical path activities, risks and mitigation plans; and lead long-range planning. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, possess a good understanding of the drug development process, be comfortable with ambiguity, and have a proven track record managing and driving program teams. The successful candidate will have strong communication and facilitation skills, enabling effective communication within project and program teams and throughout the organization.
- Partner closely with GPL to drive the development and execution of strategic, integrated program team goals.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional program team members, Executive Team members, and key stakeholders on program status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Facilitate cross-functional reporting and presentation of relevant information to program team and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish program team goals.
- Identify bottlenecks and issues. Proactively drive for their resolution.
- Track and monitor key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of program objectives.
- Facilitate team meetings using program management best practices and tools to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of project objectives.
- Develop and maintain risk registry along with Portfolio and Program Management team including detailed risk assessments, mitigations, and resolutions.
- Partner with Finance to develop budgets/forecasts/long-range plans for assigned program(s).
- BS/MS in a scientific-related field.
- At least five years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- At least 3 years experience in program management supporting drug development programs (level commensurate with experience).
- PMP certification (PMI) preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time/resource management, attention to detail, and proven success working in matrixed, highly collaborative environments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team and to influence at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and, at times, uncertain or changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful.
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, integrating cross-functional issues, and balancing competing priorities effectively.
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
The people at Disc Medicine are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by a seasoned, collaborative team of scientists and industry experts committed to innovative programs that advance the frontiers of medicine. Disc Medicine values transparency, authentic communication, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Associate Director, Bioanalytical ...
SUMMARY The Associate Director, Bioanalytical Lead and Non-Clinical Development Operations is a broad role within the Nonclinical Development Department for bioanalytical scientific...
Associate Director/Director, Pharm...
Disc Medicine is searching for an Associate Director/Director in Pharmacometrics/Clinical Pharmacology. The successful candidate will provide modeling and simulation strategy and execution...
Associate Director/Director, Biolo...
SUMMARY: DISC Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous biologist to help advance drug discovery programs focusing on targets which...
Manager/Senior Manager, Clinical S...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is seeking an experienced clinical supply chain professional to manage production and distribution of clinical drug product to trial...