Principal Scientist, Biology
DISC Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous biologist to help advance drug discovery programs focusing on targets which play a role in hematological diseases. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cell biology mechanism of action studies, in vivo efficacy studies and bioassay development. The ability to work collaboratively within the cross-functional teams, manage external research activities, and advance programs through preclinical development milestones is a key to the success in this position. This person will report to VP, Head of Biology.
- Design and oversee in vitro and in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy, discover and validate pathways and biomarkers associated with mechanism of action and drug response
- Identify and work with contract research organizations (CROs) and consultants to design and execute studies to demonstrate proof of concept
- Collaborate and contribute to multi-disciplinary drug development teams
- Present results to internal and external audiences including leadership team, partnership organizations and scientific conferences
- Ph.D. with 3+ years, or M.S. with 8+ years, of experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular cell biology and in vivo efficacy studies
- Domain knowledge in hematology, inflammatory diseases, or anemia research is preferred
- Experience in managing CROs is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Work collaboratively and proactively in cross-functional, fast-paced dynamic environment
The people at Disc Medicine are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by a seasoned, collaborative team of scientists and industry experts committed to innovative programs that advance the frontiers of medicine. Disc Medicine values transparency, authentic communication, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Medical Writer
POSITION SUMMARY: [remote or local] Disc Medicine is seeking a Scientific Medical Writer to lead and coordinate the scientific and clinical regulatory...
Director Global Regulatory Affairs...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a new Director Global Regulatory Affairs due to the fast growth of the company portfolio. Disc Medicine is...