Head of Research
The Head of Research will be responsible for the strategic and scientific leadership of the research function at Disc Medicine, to design and execute externally sourced translational and exploratory studies for existing programs, to support discovery of new therapeutics and to provide scientific support for business development activities.
- Develop and execute strategies to bring new therapeutics and expand the indication scope of programs in the Disc pipeline.
- Establish and lead collaborations with research institutions and KOLs that position Disc Medicine as the leader in discovery and development of therapeutics for the treatment of hematologic disorders.
- Identify, evaluate and validate targets to bring into the pipeline.
- Identify available tools and propose innovative tools to enable to prosecute biology and medicinal chemistry efforts for target under consideration. Design and implement biochemical and cell-based assays for lead discovery, including disease-relevant human cell-based assays.
- Ensure efficient progression of drug discovery projects by managing the activities of multiple CROs in collaboration with Disc scientists across relevant disciplines within the organization.
- Contribute to disease, target, and chemical asset due diligence, and provide recommendations on scientific and strategic feasibility.
- Keep abreast of innovative technologies and their relevance with the aim of bringing therapies to patients faster or more efficiently.
- Author relevant sections of regulatory documents.
- Build relationships in the relevant research communities to assist in idea generation, technology development and target/disease validation.
- PhD in pharmacology, biology or related field with training in hematology.
- At least 7 years of experience in hematology in academia and/or biopharmaceutical industry.
- In depth understanding and preferable hands-on experience, with most models and assays used in hematology, and corresponding applications, advantages and limitations.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and interpret multidisciplinary information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and proven success working in matrix environments
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine is a start-up biotechnology company, formed as an Atlas Venture seed company in October of 2017 with the intent of discovering new medicines for hematological disorders with a specific focus on the discovery and development novel therapies for the treatment of hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by an experienced team of scientists and industry experts and is supported by a panel of advisors with a strong track record of discovering and developing new and innovative therapies.
Disc Medicine Completed a $50 Million Series A Financing led by Novo Holdings A/S along with Access Biotechnology and founding investor Atlas Venture.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Associate Director, Project Manage…
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the resources, timelines and budgets for discovery and early translational programs at Disc Medicine.read more
Senior Scientist-Toxicology, Precl…
The Senior Project Toxicologist has extensive experience managing contract research organizations, conducting toxicology and safety pharmacology studies in s…read more
Head of Research
The Head of Research will be responsible for the strategic and scientific leadership of the research function at Disc Medicine, to design and execute externa…read more
Director or Associate Director, Cl…
The Director or Associate Director, clinical operations will be responsible for setting up the virtual infrastructure for the conduct of Disc Medicine’s ea…read more