Director/Senior Director, Clinical Pharmacology
The individual selected for this key position will lead the clinical pharmacology efforts at Disc Medicine working directly with the multi-disciplinary teams. He or she will be responsible for managing and executing clinical pharmacology deliverables in collaboration with internal and external partners in an efficient and scientifically rigorous manner and provide oversight for work conducted by CROs. This individual will have scientific and budgetary responsibility for the design, execution, analysis, interpretation and reporting of clinical pharmacology related studies including first-in-human, drug-drug interaction, biopharmaceutics and ADME studies. The qualified candidate is expected to establish and develop strong relationships with key cross functional partner functions such as clinical operations, clinical development, nonclinical toxicology, DMPK, biostatistics, medical writing, and regulatory, and therefore must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, this person is expected to represent clinical pharmacology in program teams and in regulatory interactions including preparation of regulatory documentation and participation in meetings with regulatory agencies.
- Education: PhD in clinical pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences or related areas such as pharmacokinetics, pharmacology or drug metabolism.
- More than 10 years of industry experience working as a clinical pharmacologist. The exact level and responsibilities will depend on the individual’s experience and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in conducting clinical pharmacology studies including study design, PKPD data analysis and/or population PK analysis, and result interpretation is required.
- A working knowledge and previous experience in drug metabolism and drug-drug interactions is preferred.
- Prior experience working with CROs is a plus.
- Working experience with bioanalysis, data management, and statistical programming groups is preferred.
- Advanced training in WinNonlin, R, SAS, NONMEM, and/or Monolix would be a plus.
- Broad familiarity with the drug development process is highly desired.
- Must excel at working in a highly collaborative matrix team environment, have good organizational, communication [both oral and written], and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with hematologic disorders. We are building a unique portfolio of innovative, first-in-class Disc Medicine is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in hematologic diseases to transform the lives of patients. We are committed to bringing hope to patients who suffer from hematologic diseases through innovation. Our team has built a pipeline of first-in-class therapies that each have the potential to address a wide array of hematologic diseases, ranging from rare genetic disorders to widely prevalent anemias associated with chronic disease.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: The Medical Writer will coordinate and lead the medical writing aspects of Disc Medicine’s regulatory and clinical documents for two clinical...
Director Human Resources
SUMMARY: The Director Human Resources will lead the company’s HR activities by developing and administering policies, procedures, systems and initiatives to support...
Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a new Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs due to the fast growth of the programs in the clinic. This...
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Transl...
SUMMARY: The translational research scientist will participate in efforts to design and execute strategies to understand mechanisms related to drug response and...
Director/Senior Director, Head of ...
SUMMARY: We are seeking an exceptional Director/Sr. Director of Toxicology to lead our Safety Pharmacology/Toxicology efforts. The Head of Toxicology will be reporting...
Senior Medical Director, Hematolog...
SUMMARY: This is an uncommon opportunity for an ambitious physician to be the first Senior Medical Director in a small hematology biotech...