Director, Information Technology
The Director, Information Technology will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s information systems to facilitate meeting the company’s strategic business goals. This includes leading the development of network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, disaster recovery and backups, cybersecurity, privacy, telecommunications, end-user services, and IT vendor management. They will be responsible for partnering with the business and leading technology roadmap planning and the exploration and deployment of new technologies to drive business transformation.
This position will report to the General Counsel and will be based in the Watertown, MA office.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop, support, and align Information Technology strategy and planning
- Serve as technology thought leader, responsible for proposing, planning, overseeing and tracking technology projects to enable our efforts
- Create and implement a strategic IT roadmap to facilitate meeting company’s goals
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to define business needs, system requirements, and timelines for future system enhancements and implementations to support organizational growth
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of IT systems and associated site infrastructure
- Oversee vendor-managed services and strike a balance between outsourcing and internalizing functions. Build strategic partnerships with key technology vendors and service providers to implement and support systems
- Identify key technology trends and how new technologies might be leveraged to provide better solutions
- Lead and direct cybersecurity efforts and execute security audits on a regular basis
- Draft and maintain IT-related policies and procedures
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Information Technology with an increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated ability to lead in a small but rapidly growing company
- Experience working with a growing pharmaceutical or biotechnology company preferred
- Exceptional working knowledge of computer systems, cybersecurity, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructure
- Familiarity with federal regulations, guidance, and compliance requirements related to computerized systems
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, data privacy practices and laws including SOX, CFR 21 Part 11, GDPR, and other applicable regulations and authoritative guidance as they relate to IT applications
- Experience working in a pharma/biotech environment on FDA/GMP-validated systems
- Experience managing the storage and use of clinical data
- Experience with ERP and finance systems implementations
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
The people at Disc Medicine are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by a seasoned, collaborative team of scientists and industry experts committed to innovative programs that advance the frontiers of medicine. Disc Medicine values transparency, authentic communication, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Summary: Disc Medicine’s finance team is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This is a dynamic role and offers...
CMC Regulatory Affairs Director
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a new CMC Regulatory Affairs Director due to the fast growth of the programs in the clinic. ...
Director/Senior Medical Director, ...
SUMMARY: This is an uncommon opportunity for an ambitious physician to be Director/Senior Medical Director, Hematology in a small hematology biotech that...
Associate Director/Director, CMC T...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is hiring a dynamic and motivated Associate Director/Director to develop and execute on Disc’s CMC technical operations for biologics...