Director Global Regulatory Affairs
Disc Medicine is hiring a new Director Global Regulatory Affairs due to the fast growth of the company portfolio. Disc Medicine is currently initiating clinical trials with a biologic program (monoclonal antibody DISC-0974) and a small molecule (bitopertin).
Reporting into the Head of Global Regulatory Affairs, this position is located within Disc Medicine’s Watertown, MA office, although remote work is currently in effect and open for this role. We are looking for someone who is seeking growth and strategic opportunities to deepen their RA career, with a team that provides opportunities and visibility to both the development teams and the Executive leadership team.
Excellent quality, time management and oral/written communication skills are required, as is the ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment and with both in office and remote team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTOR GLOBAL REGULATORY AFFIARS:
- Act as the primary regulatory representative on the assigned projects
- Define the company regulatory strategy for the biologic and small molecule programs, drawing from experience and creative, reasoned thinking to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks
- Oversees all regulatory matters and executes the strategy to ensure the organization complies with applicable regulations
- Leading Regulatory initiatives across Disc Medicine’s portfolio
- Creating and driving RA deliverables and ensuring that phase-appropriate and compliant RA applications are submitted globally
- Authoring, reviewing, and/or approving documentation, regulatory strategies, and RA global content for applicable submissions/programs. Provide appropriate RA oversight of Disc Medicine programs as well as coordinate and manage global RA submissions to ensure compliance to regulatory expectations and adherence to relevant Disc Medicine with internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure global regulatory conformance and consistency with internal procedures and high scientific standards for quality; providing an assessment of best practices for improvements in current process(es), as needed
- Represent the company on communications and in meetings with health authorities, assessing impact of new regulations, managing regulatory documents, etc. You will also be negotiating with regulatory authority personnel to expedite review and approval of pending submissions as well as respond to queries
- Technical review(s), as requested, to ensure quality RA submissions to determine appropriate reporting or regulatory strategy
- In depth knowledge and understanding of applicable US regulations/guidelines for drug or biologic products is also required. Ex-US RA experience is a significant plus
- Collaborating with internal and external Disc Medicine stakeholders to make science-driven, phase-appropriate, and risk-based decisions, and proactively identify gaps and design mitigation strategies
- Interacting effectively with functional leads as CMC, nonclinical, clinical, and other stakeholders across Disc Medicine. The individual will be asked to participate on program teams in support of the RA function, liaise with third parties representing RA, and is responsible for the notification and inclusion of the most appropriate individuals within the company to address priority issues
- Experience in all aspects of the clinical development is desirable (Pre-Clinical, IND, Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 and Commercial/Licensure), participation in multiple project teams, development of quality strategy and discussions with the applicable Health Authorities are key expectations and requirements of the position
- Perform any other business need identified by their direct line Manager
- Anticipates new or changing regulations and coordinates with internal stakeholders to develop strategies to address any of these potential changes
- BA/BS required, Ph.D. or other graduate degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years total pharmaceutical/related industry experience required
- A minimum 6 years regulatory experience
- Thorough knowledge of FDA drug and biologics regulations, experience with regulators internationally is a plus
- EU regulatory experience preferred
- Experience with product labelling strategy is a must
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines regarding oversight of development programs
- Experience working on project teams is required. Candidate should be a self-driven individual with skills in organization, building working relationships and communication
- Experience with development of business processes, procedures, and/or templates to guide RA development
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine Team is dedicated to the discovery and development of novel therapies to transform the lives of patients who suffer from hematologic diseases. Disc Medicine is led by a seasoned, collaborative team of scientists and industry experts committed to innovative programs that advance the frontiers of medicine. Disc Medicine values transparency, authentic communication, and scientific rigor and promotes a company culture in which differences are celebrated and all individuals are valued.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Manager/Senior Manager, Clinical S...
SUMMARY: Disc Medicine is seeking an experienced clinical supply chain professional to manage production and distribution of clinical drug product to trial...
Director, Human Resources
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Director will lead the company’s HR activities by developing and administering policies, procedures, systems and initiatives to support...
Scientific Medical Writer
POSITION SUMMARY: [remote or local] Disc Medicine is seeking a Scientific Medical Writer to lead and coordinate the scientific and clinical regulatory...