Disc Medicine, a rapidly expanding biotech company involved in the discovery and development of medicines to address blood related disorders is seeking to hire a full time Controller to oversee all accounting, financial reporting and operations of the Company. The position reports to the CFO.
- Planning, coordinating and management of all accounting functions including accounts payable, payroll, expense reporting and month-end close
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, forecasts and budgets including directing the annual budget process
- Coordination with external auditors and direction of the audit process
- Establishment and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Administration of benefits programs
- Implementation of scalable systems to improve workflows
- Keep abreast of technical accounting issues
- Big four accounting experience
- Experience as a Controller of a publicly traded company
- Direct management of public company reporting including 10Ks and 10Qs
- Knowledge of SOX and other public company compliance requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in the life sciences industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all disciplines and levels within the company and externally
ABOUT DISC MEDICINE:
Disc Medicine was formed in 2017 as a hematology company harnessing new insights in hepcidin biology to address ineffective red blood cell production (erythropoiesis) in hematologic diseases. Focused on the hepcidin pathway, the master regulator of iron metabolism, Disc is developing a portfolio of first-in-class therapeutic candidates to transform the treatment of hematologic diseases.
In 2019, Disc Medicine completed a $50 Million Series A Financing led by Novo Holdings A/S along with Access Biotechnology and founding investor Atlas Venture.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact us at email@example.com
Disc Medicine, a rapidly expanding biotech company involved in the discovery and development of medicines to address blood related disorders is seeking to hi…read more
Senior Scientist or Associate Dire…
Disc Medicine, a rapidly expanding biotech company involved in discovery and development of medicines to address blood related disorders is seeking to hire a…read more
Senior Scientist/Manager, Chemistr…
This position is responsible for the execution of CMC plans to support nonclinical and clinical development of Disc Medicine’s portfolio pipeline, which in…read more
Head of Research
The Head of Research will be responsible for the strategic and scientific leadership of the research function at Disc Medicine, to design and execute externa…read more